What is this blog about? It's a mish mosh of my ramblings about home, work, my constant quest for good coffee and my wonderment why I never sleep. It's a little of this and a little of that with a whole lot of WTH mixed in for good measure :)

Blog Home PhotobucketAbout MeContact Me

Monday, February 2

The Emotional Roller Coaster of Stolen Hope

We're pretty much in a holding pattern in terms of my mom and her health. She's had so many negative health effects in the past few days (hallucinations, bloating/swelling, inability to produce urine) but today she was lucid and full of sass! She was rolling her eyes, making faces and back to her usual antics. I honestly don't know what to think. I know that she is incredibly sick and the medical staff is just working on providing her comfort and not health improvement at this point. We are meeting with hospice people tomorrow morning to talk about our next steps in terms of mom's care.

I appreciate all of your continued prayers, good thoughts and words. They have given me strength that I never knew existed inside of me. I only wish my mom peace and to not be in pain anymore.

6 comments:

  1. My prayers will continue to be with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara,
    I wish you peace at this hard time.
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many prayers Tara for you all and peace for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara you know we are here if you need anything. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know if you need anything! It was good to see you yesterday and to give you a hug. She has peace now.

    ReplyDelete