What is this blog about? It's a mish mosh of my ramblings about home, work, my constant quest for good coffee and my wonderment why I never sleep. It's a little of this and a little of that with a whole lot of WTH mixed in for good measure :)

Blog Home PhotobucketAbout MeContact Me

Sunday, February 15

Celebration of My Mom's Life

Today was a rough day but it I was able to get a little more closure. My mom always made me promise that I wouldn't throw a "lavish" funeral for her. We granted her wish and had a "Celebration of Life" at my brother's restaurant with friends and family today. It was nice. I'm still numb and feel like this is a dream/nightmare but it was nice being with all of the people who have given us such strength through this rough time. We all took time to look at her happy pictures and talk about fun times. And of course, we listened to reggae as our background music :)


The memorial cards were designed by http://www.littleladybugdesigns.com/ She is so awesome to work with and I reccommend her highly!Isn't this a precious picture of Logan?

All of us after a long afternoon






6 comments:

  1. Tara it looks like such a beautiful memorial and you look FANTASTIC! That is such a cute picture of Logan. How is he processing all of this? Your cute little daddy is so precious in that picture. Tara I'm still praying for you guys. I can only imagine how rough all of this is on all of you. :( XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a GREAT job with all those pictures. What a wonderful memorial for your mom.
    LOVE the picture of Logan--so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara,
    It looks like such a wonderful celebration and I am sure your mom would have approved. I have been thinking about you all weekend. Still praying for all of your guys...
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to celebrate your mom's life. I know she would be very proud of you. All of the pictures are fantastic.
    Logan is a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was beautiful. I'm glad that you were able to have such a lovely celebration of your mom's life. The picture of Logan is so precious! And, I agree with Kelly ... you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry.

    Your mom's memorial looks beautiful. Logan looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete