What is this blog about? It's a mish mosh of my ramblings about home, work, my constant quest for good coffee and my wonderment why I never sleep. It's a little of this and a little of that with a whole lot of WTH mixed in for good measure :)

Blog Home PhotobucketAbout MeContact Me

Monday, January 19

A Few Days of Ups & Downs with More Ups

Well, my mom is back in the hospital. My dad had to call 911 yesterday because she could barely breath. It was a long night last night and day today waiting for answers that never came. It honestly breaks my heart to see my mom so sick in that hospital bed. I feel so helpless and just wish there was something that I could do than just sit there by her bed side. I know she was so happy to see the kids today. Devon cuddled with her in the bed and Logan told her that he loves her. I hope tomorrow brings us some direction.

I knew in the back of my mind that my mom was likely going back to the hospital but we tried to make it a fun weekend. Friday was a "cold day" (not "snow day" but because it got below -18 degrees, they called off school). We played inside and stayed warm. On Saturday, the kids went to gymnastics where they had a Parent's Night Out. They LOVE it there and we secretly love getting a little break for a romantic dinner where chicken nuggets aren't served and no one needs there food cut up....lol. Curly and I had a nice dinner and then got some Starbucks and just sat in the van and talked as the snow came down outside. It's awesome to reconnect like that after busy days and nights. On Sunday we took the kids for haircuts at this cute little kid's salon that we go to. Devon got a trim and Logan got a much needed cut. Devon loves sitting in the Dora Jeep and Logan loves that they have video games for him to play :) We finished the day off with some shopping and dinner out.

I am so proud to be an American at such an important point in our nation's history. Tomorrow Barack Obama will become our 44th President. I am so happy and have been glued to all of the coverage. Seeing all of those people who made the journey to DC is amazing. I would love to be a part of that but I'll settle for watching it on TV because it sure does look cold and crowded....lol. I've heard that some really great legislation will be passing over President Obama's desk in the next few days. Things that are important to so many like FINALLY approving the expansion of SCHIP (health insurance for children), increased funding for IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act), expanding early childhood preschool programs to name a few that are near and dear to my heart. I cannot wait to see Barack take the Oath of Office tomorrow. That moment will live with me in my heart forever!
Hmm, what's in here???
Excuse me Lady, what you doin' back there?
Logan: pre-haircut


1 comment:

  1. Andrew got a haircut too! I still have to post those pics but I didn't want them to get in the way of my Obama post. lol I am SO excited for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete