What is this blog about? It's a mish mosh of my ramblings about home, work, my constant quest for good coffee and my wonderment why I never sleep. It's a little of this and a little of that with a whole lot of WTH mixed in for good measure :)

Blog Home PhotobucketAbout MeContact Me

Sunday, July 13

Ducks & Reggae Weekend

We had such a great weekend that started off with a Friday night spent in Chagrin Falls. We ate dinner at a great little dinner, fed the ducks, played on the playground, looked at the falls and then finished it off with some awesome ice cream :) Chagrin Falls is just about 5 miles away and is such a cute Norman Rockwell type of town.
Logan luring in the ducks with hot dog buns Devon and Daddy against a beautiful background
Here ducky, ducky
Have comb will travel
Devon does have shorts on.....well just a diaper cover from a dress that was in the car. She had a wee bit of a blow out....lol.

Saturday was chill and we had dinner out (shocker, I know) at our favorite Mexican restaurant.
On Sunday we had an early dinner over at my brother's place with my folks and then headed downtown to the waterfront to watch our favorite reggae band, Carlos Jones (formly known as First Light from my college days.....god are we old?). We've been taking Logan to dance to Carlos since he was a pip squeak. He's even played the bongos on stage in the past. Today he just danced his little heart out. Devon looooooved the reggae music and danced too. This was her 1st concert...lol....we start 'em young. I love the awesome mix of people that turn out for their shows. Some we've been seeing for years and now we all bring our kids. Carlos even sang the Sesamee Street theme for the little ones. Logan and Devon both gave each other that "Yeah! We know this one!" and started singing. Logan and Carlos smiling in the sun
Logan downing his cola
Look at smiley sitting at the bar!
Dancing with Aunt Fannie
Here is a video of Devon dancing to "Shake, Shake Senora". Muchas gracias to my bud Ruthanne for editing it for me. I need to upgrade to "Pro". I'm so last year....lol.

3 comments:

  1. FUN!!!! You guys do the BEST family stuff. It (almost) makes me want to move to O-HI-O. (not really)

    Devon is such a little cutie dancing to the music. LOVE the picture of Logan and Carlos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen, Jenny, & MiaJuly 14, 2008 at 7:58 PM

    Love that you take them to concerts and especailly reggae! What fun?!? Why don't you guys live closer anyway? Devon is so cute dancing.

    I am going right now to sign your petition. It is such bull how they want to us vaccinate when they want and how they want and make us think it's not our right to question it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the BEST pictures/video!! Tara you have some of the cutest kids ever!

    ReplyDelete