What is this blog about? It's a mish mosh of my ramblings about home, work, my constant quest for good coffee and my wonderment why I never sleep. It's a little of this and a little of that with a whole lot of WTH mixed in for good measure :)

Blog Home PhotobucketAbout MeContact Me

Friday, June 27

A Year Ago ~~ Forever in our Arms

It was a year ago today that Guadalupe, Devon's Foster Mom, place her in our arms forever. It was one of my life's most joyous times and from that moment on my life has only gotten better with Devon in our life.

I remember Curly and I being so excited and nervous as we waited for Guadalupe and her husband to ring our hotel room. She was so small and precious as she slept in Guadalupe's arms. Guadalupe was so sad to have to say goodbye to her that I didn't immediately reach out and take her out of respect. She needed that time to say goodbye to our angel that she loved for 8 months and I had a lifetime of love ahead of me with her. Slowly she handed her to me and I remember just staring at her and crying. She was so little. Only 13 pounds. She woke up and looked a little confused. Then in typical Devon fashion she immediately started blowing raspberries. This made me laugh out loud (and those of you that know me know how loud that really is! LOL). She stopped and looked at me and smiled as if she remembered my laugh from our visit trip and she began to laugh. My daughter looked at me and smiled and laughed and my heart skipped a beat. It was the end of a journey that led us to her but the beginning of our lifetime together. Man, oh man do I love my daughter Devon with every ounce of my soul.

We're going out to dinner tonight (shocker I know....lol) for a mini-celebration but we are holding out until July 3rd for the full blown celebration because that is the day that we landed back home and when Logan got to see his baby sister again. That is our "Forever Family Day" and I cannot wait to celebrate it for years to come :)

She was so tired after meeting us that she immediately napped in her crib.

Daddy's Little Princess Playing

7 comments:

  1. Gwen, Jenny, & MiaJune 27, 2008 at 11:03 PM

    Love the fact that Devon laughed when placed in your arms. And 13 pounds of pure cuteness. She is such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are safe! Congratulations on the 1 year anniversary of having Devon home!
    She is such a Cutie!


    Love and Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the one year milestone! I hope you guys have an awesome celebration with your little cutie!!
    HUGS
    www.mommyslilblessings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a year! Devon is just as beautiful then as she is now. Adorable! Love the picture of her and Curly. She had him wrapped around her pinky even then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your one year anniversary!!!!
    Hope you had a great time celebrating this milestone!

    Thanks for sharing your story.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I cannot believe it has been a year since we were at the Plaza. Incredible. Happy Forever Family Day!

    love,
    Donna and Ava

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh...I remember that week so well! I have tears in my eyes remembering the excitement I had for you that week. I can't believe it's already been a whole year.

    ReplyDelete