What is this blog about? It's a mish mosh of my ramblings about home, work, my constant quest for good coffee and my wonderment why I never sleep. It's a little of this and a little of that with a whole lot of WTH mixed in for good measure :)

Blog Home PhotobucketAbout MeContact Me

Wednesday, April 16

Bite Me, Bus Driver Bob

Or whatever your name is. As if my day couldn't get crappier and I've been fighting back tears all day I had to deal with another insensitive fool that just doesn't get it. Here's how it went:

I see the bus coming down the street, it stops in front of the house. There is a new dude at the wheel.

Logan: Mommy!
Me: Hey sweetie! How was your day??
Bus Driver: Oh, so Logan belongs to you.
Me: Yes. I am the proud mom of this guy
Bus Driver: Logan got yelled at today on the bus
Me: Yelled at? For what?
Bus Driver: I had to stop the bus and yell at him because he stood up on the bus.

(Like this is a death penalty offense!)

Me: (In shock...the last time this happened he had a panic attack and threw up everywhere!)
Bus Driver: He wouldn't even look at me. (Dumb ass, he has autism. He doesn't look at ME!)
Me: Sir, I am not sure if you are aware but Logan has autism and part of the disbility includes an inability to maintain eye contact or to act as if he can't hear you.
Bus Driver: Well, whatever he has. I had to stop the bus and yell at him. I don't care what he has.

So to you, Bus Driver Bob, I say.....BITE ME!

Seriously, look at this little button. I've had it with people today!


Edited to add: He did end up throwing up from nerves. All over the table at a restaurant tonight. Thank you very little Senor Jackass!


8 comments:

  1. WHAT?!?! I hope you're making a complaint??? How could anyone say such an insensitive thing? Maybe you should've punched him ... would that be wrong?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am sick to my stomach reading this. YOU KNOW I KNOW how you feel. You need to call the principal right away. The driver should be aware of special needs children if he is their driver. This is totally unacceptable. Let me know how you approach this. I am so appalled right now. This is going to upset my day!!
    amy415s@aolcom

    Love and Hugs...and a big and special one to Logan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Tara I am FUMING!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to punch the bus driver the last time this happened to Logan, but now I'm even more angry! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would hire an IDIOT like this to drive SN kids???? I don't think I would have allowed him to get on the bus that day and I would have told the bus driver right then and there why and that I was going to report him. GRRRR You can be a butthole all you want but don't mess with Logan, buddy! Tara I know you know exactly what to do becuase you've coached myself on this as well, so I'm sure you'll do the right thing for Logan. I just hope it's harsh (LOL) and you tell us about it so we can all feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok I just reread my post and saw all the errors because I was too upset to take my time typing. lol sorry

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! How did you not just freak right out on that driver? You showed a remarkable amount of restraint. Its amazing to me that with all we go through day to day there are still people that go out of there way to be horrid for no apperent reason. I'm sure you have things under control but I really hope you called and filed a complaint.
    I love the pics of Logan, what a CUTIE PIE!!! You just can't beat that smile??
    Best Wishes
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara,

    I am beyond fuming for you and Logan!!! Who does this guy think he is? Does the sun rise and set with Senor Jackass and his RULES. Whatever!!! Sorry you and Logan had to endure this experience. Big HUGS from us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What the heck is wrong with people? And what ticks me off even more is that this Jerk is around kids all day long. And if he said that to you, I can't imagine what he says to the kids??: Definitely file a complaint!! Or Ruthanne and I will gladly do it for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Tara! I don't know how you didn't strangle him. What an a@@. I would calll and complain to whoever you have to complain to, I don't know who that is, but call them! Or better yet go to their office and talk to them. I don't know, but that bus driver needs to have the bus stopped so YOU can yell at him.

    Yes, a child standing is a safetly concern, but isn't it isn't the end of the world. I am so mad for you.

    Poor Logan. Give him a big hug! still so mad.

    ReplyDelete