What is this blog about? It's a mish mosh of my ramblings about home, work, my constant quest for good coffee and my wonderment why I never sleep. It's a little of this and a little of that with a whole lot of WTH mixed in for good measure :)

Blog Home PhotobucketAbout MeContact Me

Thursday, November 8

My Mind is Full

Devon turns 1 on Friday. I've been busy planning for her BIG party on Sunday with our family and friends. Through all of the hustle and bustle, I cannot stop thinking about Devon's First Mom. While I am stealing kisses from my little sugar muffin and making lists and cookies and centerpieces, my thoughts keep coming back to her. I think about how her life was last year at this time, about to give birth to Devon, making a selfless sacrifice. I can't even begin to imagine how she felt at that time or how she is feeling now. I can't imagine the pain of saying goodbye but then seeing your baby again to be photographed together at the DNA test.

I feel like the luckiest mother in the world. I have two beautiful, happy children that love me and I love them with my entire heart and soul. I feel so blessed that Devon is home with us to celebrate her 1st birthday. So many children in Guatemala get stalled in the system and don't make it home to celebrate with their families. And then there are mothers, like Devon's First Mother, that don't have the chance to be with their babies on their first birthdays.

Before I fall into bed on Sunday night, I am going to write Devon's First Mom a letter to tell her how truly thankful I am for making an adoption plan and giving me the chance to be the Mother of the most beautiful miracle ever. I want her to know how perfectly she fits into our family and completes us. I want her to know that her smile and personality can light up any room and how determined she is. I bet they are a lot alike. I like seeing Devon's personality shine because it makes me feel closer to her First Mom, almost like I already know her beyond the few pictures and writings we have. May her heart be full of peace.

5 comments:

  1. awwwwww=) Your post makes my heart smile. Happy Birthday sweet Devon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said that beautifully. I hope that Devon's first mom knows that she is loved and happy.
    Happy Birthday, sweet little Devon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet Tara. You said it perfectly. It is an emotion that no one will understand until they go through it! Happy Birthday sweet Princess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara I can relate to every word. I felt the exact same way and still do. You said it all so eloquently. I am so happy for you guys. Devon certainly is a VERY special little girl and has one of the most beautiful familes in the world, both inside and out. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEVON!

    ReplyDelete